This is one of my favorite recipes for when I’m in the middle of the week and I need a pick-me-up, but I don’t want it to be unhealthy. Don’t be fooled by the name of the recipe – I didn’t use any of the sugary, high-fat peanut butter. Lately, I’ve been LOVING the PB Fit peanut butter powder – it contains high levels of protein, less carbs, and less than half the calories of real peanut butter…. but it tastes exactly like it. Here’s how it looks:
If you’re interested, continue reading for my dessert hack! You can also use normal peanut butter if you wish to do so!
What you’ll need:
- 2/3 cup of PB fit peanut butter powder
- 2/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk, if the dough is not soft enough
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the peanut butter powder with 1/3 cup of water so that it becomes a creamy paste and starts to look like real peanut butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut flour, coconut sugar, egg, baking soda, and peanut butter together.
- Check the dough to make sure the flour is properly mixed and the dough is not too hard, but also make sure the consistency is not too soft so that the cookies don’t crumble.
- Add milk if need be to make the dough softer.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, and let cool for 10 minutes before serving so that the cookies become firm.
- Enjoy 🙂
I hope you all really liked this recipe, and if you have any other peanut butter-related recipes, I’m all ears!
Also, here are some ways I use the PB fit powder:
- In my preworkout smoothie, mixed with a banana, some greek yogurt, and unsweetened almond milk
- For breakfast, spread on top of my Dave’s Killer Bread (thinly sliced), with bananas on top
- As a dip with celery or apple for a quick snack
Let me know how you use the powder and I’ll definitely incorporate it into my snacking! 🙂